Thermal Springs in the Val D’Orcia
What’s better way to unwind than a day at the spa?
In the Val D’Orcia you will find plenty of these, so we invite you discover them with us!
In addition to the enchanting villages and unique natural landscape, this territory offers a number of natural resources and with interesting attractions and services. One of which are the thermal springs.
If you are looking for a magical place where you can get in touch with nature and relax completely then you will surely love the San Filippo Baths.
In fact, just below the forests of Monte Amiata, in Bagni di San Filippo, you have the opportunity to freely enjoy this natural resource. Particularly beautiful is the experience of the springs at night. Picture full immersion in the warm waters under the starry sky.
The calcareous deposits create a unique landscape and almost surreal atmosphere. This “Fosso Bianco,” or white calcareous deposits that have formed over the years and these natural pools have ancient origins. It is thought that they were used by the Etruscans and Romans in the Imperial Era.
Continuing our tour through the Val d’Orcia, an excellent alternative to uncontaminated nature is the famous Romanesque village of Bagno Vignoni.
At the center of the famous village is Piazza delle Sorgenti. Here, the pool is the center of attention. The spring water collects from a depth of 1000 meters at a temperature of 52°, this creates a very suggestive image especially on cold winter with the steam that rises over the pool. The public is not allowed to swim here but the village offers excellent alternatives to relax and to enjoy the therapeutic properties of these waters.
In fact, Bagno Vignoni in fact boasts several spas:
- ADLER THERMAE Spa & Relax Resort, a five-star facility that boasts an award-winning wellness center, offering the best therapists and personalized therapeutic and beauty programs, 37 ° thermal pools, saunas, Turkish baths, a romantic salt cave underground. Various relaxation and dining areas surround these delightful offerings.
- HOTEL POSTA MARCUCCI offers its customers a beautiful panoramic swimming pool overlooking the valley and the Rocca di Tentennano. Thermal water flows from the earth at a temperature of 49 ° and the grounds have a tennis court, wellness facility with massage and treatment rooms.
- Towards the center of the Val d’Orcia, in San Casciano dei Bagni, you will find the HOTEL FONTEVERDE. A beautiful structure with five-star spa offers its customers 3 outdoor pools, 1 deck and many therapeutic and beauty treatments based on the Equilibrium philosophy; the results of continuous research for new ways to contribute to overall health by reducing stress and inflammation.
On the border between Val d’Orcia and Valdichiana, in Chianciano terme you will find the famous:
- TERME SENSORIALI, immersed in the lovely Acqua Santa Park, this is a structure in which the classic spa treatments are blended with oriental philosophies, allowing its customers to rediscover themselves through a journey of the senses and the elements. In fact, inside you will find the “20 Wonders” or 20 unique spa experience rooms, which can be approached freely or by following one of the 5 routes suggested by naturopaths to obtain a better result.
- THEIA SWIMMING POOLS with 3 indoor and 4 outdoor pools, interconnected for over 500 meters of pools all fed by Sillene spring water. The property also offers an excellent wellness center with sauna, Turkish bath, treatment showers and a bar-restaurant where you can enjoy a great menu of typical Tuscan dishes.
- Finally, in the Val di Chiana, specifically in Rapolano Terme, you will find TERME ANTICA QUERCIOLAIA and the HOTEL TERME DI SAN GIOVANNI which are famous for their wonderful and characteristic setting in the Crete Senesi.
What can I tell you, in this area, it’s like an embarrassment of riches? It’s up to decide if you prefer direct contact with nature or to be pampered in one of these magnificent spas. Are you interested in finding out more or have a question?! Write me an e-mail, I will be glad to help you!
Wishing you a colorful day!
Until next time.